Thank you to Veenazkit https://veenazkit.wordpress.com for this amazing award; it’s such an honour to win the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award which recognises the voice of women bloggers around the world! This is an exciting accolade for Fashalia101, in the same week as being nominated for the Lavender Award.
Ten questions about Fashalia101 & my favourite things… answered!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
Seeing the many styles in the city which I live and the surrounding areas. I have lived here for years, however it’s only as I’ve got older I’ve come to appreciate the overall culture, vibe and style here.
2. What is the title of your very first post and the date? My very first post was an intro to Fashalia101, it was titled “Fashalia101: New Blog,” and it was posted on October 23, 2014.
3. Would you give a positive review to a non-deserving product? If yes, on what conditions?
I wouldn’t give a product a bad review if my family and friends were raving about it and it was just me that thought it was rubbish. If my opinion was outnumbered I would focus on all the positive attributes and give it a good review, respecting peoples’ opinions at the same time, not everyone will like something you like and vice versa.
4. What is your dream high-end fashion brand you’d like to buy at the moment?
Chanel. Chanel do amazing accessories, classic handbags especially. I’ve been looking at the new Le Boy bags, but don’t know if and when I’ll ever get one!
It’s easy to see why Chanel is thought of as the best of the best by many a star, the Le Boy bags have been as much of a hit as the iconic 2.55!
5. Rate yourself in photography?
My photography ? Good , some photos could be better , however, photography content and quality depends on my post.
6. How many hours a day do you give to your blogging?
I spend 3 to 4 hours a day on Fashalia101.
7. Current favourite face wash you are using?
La Roche Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel has always been a favourite face wash. It’s so good at cleansing away impurities and make up without causing redness or dryness.
8. How many lipsticks do you own?
I own 21 lipsticks at the moment , if you count lip glosses/balms, it could be 30!
They’re a little luxury I keep buying! My favourite bright pink for summer is L’oreal Colour Riche in 288 intense Fuchsia and my ultimate nude has to be L’oreal Collection Privee in Julieanne’s Nude.
Most recently I’ve been loving Maybelline’s ColorSensational Elixir in Caramel Infused, a pinky-nude that isn’t too pale.
9. Your favourite eyeliner style?
My favourite line is a winged look for easy evening glamour.
10. The most expensive make-up product you own?
My most expensive product in my make-up bag is currently MAC Mineralize Skinfinish powder which is £23.00.
As you can see, it gets some use! Its highlighting abilities are out of this world!
I hoped you enjoyed reading about what inspires me and I nominate 10 people for this exciting award.
O So Vogue
Maison Bentley Style
Polished By Amy
Little Pretty Mess
The Radiant Cherie
Shades of Beauty
Good Luck everyone! Here are your ten inspirational questions…
1. What is your dream city you would love to live in?
2. Your favourite smartphone/tablet app?
3. Your best fashion investment and have you still got it today?
4. Which piece of technology can’t you be without?
5. Which wardrobe staple do you wear/take everywhere with you?
6. Your dream high-end signature piece & why?
7. If you had to choose between Vivienne Westwood or Alexander McQueen which would you pick?
8. Favourite clothing store & why?
9. Favourite nail polish brand & why?
10. Favourite lip product?